03 December 2011

Book: William Gibson 'Spook Country' (2007)

This is my new favourite book. I love Gibson's writing, which improves with every book, and I especially love the trilogy this is in the middle of (which starts with 'Pattern Recognition' and culminates in the glorious 'Zero History'). I loved this book so much I didn't read the last 6 pages for a whole week, because I couldn't bear for it to be over. It always impresses me how, 20 pages into a novel, he's got me caring about his characters, worrying about all the s*** he puts them through, and mentally begging him to give them a happy ending - which, mercifully, he nearly always does. Beautiful prose, touchable tasteable breathable atmosphere, intriguing plot. I rarely buy books, because the library's good at ordering things for me for free, but I bought this one so that I can read it until it falls apart and then buy another copy.

official website

No comments:

Post a Comment